ABX00012 - MKR ZERO has an on-board SD connector with dedicated SPI interfaces (SPI1) that allows you to play with MUSIC files with no extra hardware! (I2S BUS & SD For Sound, Music & Digital Audio Data)
MKR ZERO has an on-board SD connector with dedicated SPI interfaces (SPI1) that allows you to play with MUSIC files with no extra hardware!
Watch out music makers, we’ve got some news for you! We have released two libraries for your enjoyment:
Arduino Sound library – a simple way to play and analyze audio data using Arduino on SAM D21-based boards.
I2S library – to use the I2S protocol on SAMD21-based boards. For those who don’t know, I2S (Inter-IC Sound) is an electrical serial bus interface standard for connecting digital audio devices.
Unlike most Arduino & Genuino boards, the MKRZero runs at 3.3V. The maximum voltage that the I/O pins can tolerate is 3.3V. Applying voltages higher than 3.3V to any I/O pin could damage the board.
The MKR ZERO brings you the power of a Zero in the smaller format established by the MKR form factor. The MKR ZERO board acts as a great educational tool for learning about 32-bit application development. It has an on-board SD connector with dedicated SPI interfaces (SPI1) that allows you to play with MUSIC files with no extra hardware! The board is powered by Atmel’s SAMD21 MCU, which features a 32-bit ARM Cortex® M0+ core.
The board contains everything needed to support the microcontroller; simply connect it to a computer with a micro-USB cable or power it by a LiPo battery. The battery voltage can also be monitored since a connection between the battery and the analog converter of the board exists.
- Microcontroller SAMD21 Cortex-M0+ 32bit low power ARM MCU
- Board Power Supply (USB/VIN) 5V
- Supported Battery(*) Li-Po single cell, 3.7V, 700mAh minimum
- DC Current for 3.3V Pin 600mA
- DC Current for 5V Pin 600mA
- Circuit Operating Voltage 3.3V
- Digital I/O Pins 22
- PWM Pins 12 (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, A3 - or 18 -, A4 -or 19)
- UART 1
- SPI 1
- I2C 1
- Analog Input Pins 7 (ADC 8/10/12 bit)
- Analog Output Pins 1 (DAC 10 bit)
- External Interrupts 8 (0, 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, A1 -or 16-, A2 - or 17)
- DC Current per I/O Pin 7 mA
- Flash Memory 256 KB
- Flash Memory for Bootloader 8 KB
- SRAM 32 KB
- EEPROM no
- Clock Speed 32.768 kHz (RTC), 48 MHz
- LED_BUILTIN 32
- Full-Speed USB Device and embedded Host