WiFi Shield utilizes a RN171 TCP/IP Wireless Network Module with an on-board Micro SD slot
This Wifi Shield utilizes a RN171 wifi module to provide your Arduino/Crowduino with serial Ethernet's function and adds storage to your arduino project . It features an independent antenna which can cover a wider range and transmit stronger signals. With supports for common TCP, UDP and FTP communication protocols, this Wifi Shield can meet needs of most wireless network projects, like smart home networks, robot controls or personal weather stations, etc. We prepared an easy and convenient command set for this shield so that you can use neat and concise code to run the function. If you use the wifi function, it takes two pins to hook your device up to 802.11b/g wireless networks. If you use the storage, it takes SPI and a select pin to access to the SD.
- Arduino, Crowduino, Seeeduino, Arduino Mega and Crowduino Mega compatible
- Host Data Rate up to 1 Mbps for UART, 2 Mbps over SPI slave
- UART serial port of RN171 on the Shield can be connected to Arduino by jumpers
- SPI pin of RN171 is just breakout
- Support SD card 2GB and 4GB.
- Secure WiFi authentication WEP-128, WPA-PSK (TKIP), WPA2-PSK (AES)
- Built-in networking applications: DHCP client, DNS client, ARP, ICMP ping, FTP, TELNET, HTTP, UDP, TC
- Voltage (min,typ,max) : 3.3V, 5V, 5.5V
- Current (min,typ,max) : 25,80,500mA
- Transmit Power 0~10 dBm
- Frequency : 2402~2480MHz
- Network rate : 1~11 Mbps for 802.11b / 6~54Mbps for 802.11g
- Supported Card Type : SD card(=2G), Micro SD card(=2G)