The Mini Dock provides power to the Omega2, and it allows you to plug in USB devices. It is designed primarily for volume-constrained applications, as well as applications that do not require any Expansions (networking, for example). The Mini Dock has a USB-to-serial chip just like the Expansion Dock.
- At about the same size as the Omega, the Mini Dock is meant for projects where space is limited and the Omega’s GPIOs aren’t needed. It’s ideal for USB-based or wireless networking projects!
- You can provide power to the Omega and Dock with any Micro USB cable. The Dock includes a regulator circuit that ensures the Omega always receives the stable 3.3V it needs to operate optimally.
- The Dock exposes some key Omega features to the user:
- Connect USB devices directly to your Omega
- Press the Reset Button to reboot your Omega, hold it for 10 seconds to perform a factory restore
- Turn your Omega on and off with the Power Switch
Ease of Use
- Thanks to the on-board USB-to-Serial chip, you will always have access to the Omega’s serial terminal. No network connectivity required, just a solid USB connection. The serial terminal is especially handy when accessing the bootloader to reflash your Omega.