The Expansion Dock powers the Omega2, it breaks out all of the GPIOs, and allows you to expand your Omega2 with expansion modules. It has a USB-to-serial chip on-board, allowing you to access the Omega2 easily through the serial terminal.
- You can provide power to the Omega and Dock with any Micro USB cable. The Dock includes a regulator circuit that ensures the Omega always receives the stable 3.3V it needs to operate optimally.
- The Dock exposes several of the Omega’s features to the user:
- The Omega’s GPIOs are exposed on the Expansion Header. Use the header to plug in Onion Expansions or connect to external circuits
- Connect USB devices directly to your Omega
- Control the RGB LED on the Dock using the Omega’s GPIOs
- Press the Reset Button to reboot your Omega, hold it for 10 seconds to perform a factory restore
- Turn your Omega on and off with the Power Switch
- Compatible with all Omega Expansions. Extend the functionality of your Omega by connecting one of our plug and play Expansions.
Ease of Use
- Thanks to the on-board USB-to-Serial chip, you will always have access to the Omega’s serial terminal. No network connectivity required, just a solid USB connection. The serial terminal is especially handy when accessing the bootloader to reflash your Omega.
- 1x Micro USB Port – Power and serial terminal access
- 1x USB-A Port – Connect USB devices to the Omega
- 1x On-board RGB LED
- 1x Reset Button
- 1x Power Switch
- 30-pin Expansion Header